HUNTSVILLE, AL – Siemens VDO Automotive’s mammoth electronics plant here shows there is a future for high-volume, high-tech component manufacturing in the U.S. Proving that point, however, has been difficult, expensive and a bit messy. This proud community, known as “Rocket City” and built on the pioneering work by scientist Wernher von Braun in launching the nation’s space program in the 1950s, has had to adopt a new mindset and make painful concessions. Siemens VDO purchased two ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Huntsville Plant Hunts for Non-Chrysler Business" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642