TROY, MI – The much-ballyhooed hybrid-electric vehicle system being jointly developed by General Motors Corp., DaimlerChrysler AG and BMW AG is close enough to its final production guise that the partnership has begun specifying assembly-plant tooling, sources close to the program tell Ward’s. The venture’s Two Mode hybrid transmission incorporates electric motors in the basic structure of an automatic transmission to create what essentially is an electrically boosted continuously variable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hybrid Partners Tooling Assembly Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642