If an efficient method to store low-pressure hydrogen onboard the vehicle is developed (see story, this page), the long-recognized advantages of spark-ignited IC engines fueled with hydrogen re-enter the picture. Ford Motor Co.'s Powertrain and Vehicle Research Lab made an analysis of this prospect in a paper presented last June at a University of Wisconsin engine symposium. The authors conclude that hydrogen IC engines (H-IC) would: Require no aftertreatment system. This would bid a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hydrogen fueled IC engines: possibilities" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642