SEOUL -- Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is denying published reports that it plans to build its first U.S. automobile assembly plant in Montgomery, AL. The reports are based on apparent announcements made by members of Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman’s staff following Siegelman’s visit to Seoul in late November. "I can't comment on what came out of the governor's office, but maybe he or his staff is trying to take steps in hopes of upping their chances for winning,” says a Hyundai spokesman here. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Denies Alabama Plant Stories" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642