MONTEREY, California — Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. leads the charge in the Korean automakers' climb up-market with its new-for-North America '01 XG300 sedan. The vehicle, whose look and feel more is tailored to the Korean market than the U.S., is Hyundai's first foray into the luxury reaches overseas. The reach — and Hyundai officials here acknowledge that it indeed is a reach — is a timid one. The automaker is bringing its Korea-built XG300 over in limited quantity of 15,000 units in the first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai drives upmarket with near-luxury XG300" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642