SANTA BARBARA – The rush by auto makers to offer more fuel-efficient vehicles is on in the U.S., and Hyundai Motor America wants to join the race. The U.S. arm of the South Korean auto maker will begin offering 6-speed automatic transmissions next year and is at work developing a diesel engine that can meet stringent U.S. emissions regulations. The first application of a 6-speed automatic, which typically improves fuel efficiency over 4- and 5-speed automatics, will be in Hyundai’s new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Exploring Fuel-Efficient Technologies" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642