At the onset of 2002, Hyundai Motor America declared its goal of surpassing Volkswagen of America Inc. in terms of U.S. sales. The prior year, the South Korean auto maker whizzed by Mazda Motor Corp. and Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America Inc., setting up VWA as its next victim. The low-cost Lancer has helped Mitsubishi grab a younger demographic than rival VW. Five months into the year, Hyundai is well on its way to making it happen – but so is Mitsubishi, whose strong sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai, Mitsubishi Sales Glide by VW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642