Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is considering moving the majority of Getz production from Ulsan, South Korea, to its plant in Chennai, India, a company spokesman tells Ward’s. The move could see Hyundai's Chennai plant produce about 200,000 the Getz subcompact cars annually. The Getz is sold as the Click in South Korea. The Chennai facility currently assembles the Getz, shipped from Ulsan in complete-knocked-down form. The plant also produces the Santro minicar, Hyundai's flagship vehicle in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Mulls Shift in Getz Production to India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642