SEOUL -- Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. may be enjoying record export sales in the U.S. and Korea and record high profit figures, too, but the company’s production operations are being hamstrung by union walkouts that are giving executives the jitters. The crux of the problem is the union’s quest for absolute job guarantees, meaning no worker redundancies or reductions, no layoffs and a guaranteed income, a Hyundai spokesperson says. These demands are being made as Hyundai and its subsidiary, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Output Upset by Union Demands for Job Guarantees" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642