Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. posts a 613 billion won ($599 million) net profit in its fiscal second quarter, up 24% from 494.3 billion ($483 million) in like-2004. Sister company Kia Motors Corp. wasn’t so lucky, seeing a more than 25% drop to 148.3 billion won ($145 million) in its Q2 net profit from year-ago. Kia’s operating profit fell a hefty 81% to 25 billion won ($24 million) vs. a profit of 132.3 billion won ($129 million) in second-quarter 2004. Hyundai’s operating profit didn’t ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Profit Up, Kia Down" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642