DETROIT – Hyundai Motor America says it will launch production of a revamped Sonata at its brand-new Montgomery, AL, assembly plant in the first week of March. President and CEO Robert Cosmai says the auto maker plans an aggressive ramp-up, with sales of the new model targeted at 150,000 units during its nine months of availability this year. Hyundai looks to sell 150,000 new Sonatas this year. But production speed will come second to quality as the new plant gets up and running, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai: Quality Over Quantity in New Sonata Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642