NAMYANG, SOUTH KOREA – Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., after spending the last decade or so chasing the competition, finally is putting its own stamp on design. “Ten, 15 years ago, we were spending all of our energy trying to catch up to the other auto makers,” says Casey Hyun, creative design manager-Hyundai Design Centre and lead designer for the new ’11 Sonata. “Let’s be honest. It is what it is. “But we also are trying to find our own identity. It’s almost like being a teenager trying to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Seeks Own Design Identity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642