The Chevrolet Impala returns for '00, but on a front-wheel-drive platform not rear-wheel-drive, and without an SS version — as yet. “We're looking now at what to do to the Impala,” says John Moss, manager of special vehicles for General Motors Corp. “Let's just say that the Impala SS is a work in progress,” he says. “We're looking at the total package with some similar styling cues from the old SS ('94-'96). “And we're looking at the engine, too,” he adds, a reference to the fact SS ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Impala SS May Be in Cards, GM Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642