PARIS – Vehicle sales in France showed a surprising 6.2% increase in May to 197,784 units, but the gain appears better than it is because there were three more selling days this year thanks to several holidays that fell on weekends. Daily sales were down 8.3%, close to what was expected after last year’s sales jump due to a government bonus for scrapping old cars. PSA Peugeot Citroen saw a solid 12.5% rise in deliveries, while Renault suffered an 18.2% decline, in part because of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Imports Dominate French Auto Sales in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642