Japanese automotive supplier Aisin Seiki reportedly plans to install a line at its Nishio, Japan, facility to produce magnesium valve covers for 4-cyl. light-vehicle engines. The contract, says Nikkei Industrial Daily, is to supply Toyota Motor Corp. with 15,000 magnesium valve covers per month. By 2003, the number is expected to rise to 70,000 units per month. In order to offset the material's cost versus aluminum valve covers, Aisin Seiki has reduced the nominal material thickness to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Increase in magnesium for engine components" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642