MUMBAI – Seven of India’s 13 major auto makers saw sales rise a combined 47% in February to 119,606 vehicles. General Motors India Ltd. deliveries surged 81%, followed by Hyundai Motor India Ltd. up 74%; Maruti Udyog Ltd. up 62%; and Honda Siel Cars India up 60%. Although modest by comparison, sales of Ford Motor India Ltd. vehicles rose 27%, Tata Motors Co. Ltd.’s sales jumped 19% and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. gained 18%. Car buyers were unwilling to wait for the fiscal 2007-2008 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India Sees February Sales Rise; New Fiscal Taxes to Climb" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642