NEW DELHI – India’s auto makers this year are concentrating on the upper end of the hatchback subcompact segment, as well as affordable entry-level small sedans. The combined market share of the two segments is a whopping 71%, up from 58% in like 2005. SUVs and other lifestyle vehicles also are seeing their share of market growth, while luxury vehicles maintain the status quo. India’s drive to become a small-car hub for the Asian region has shifted the industry’s focus from price and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian Auto Industry Hones Hatchbacks, Affordable Sedans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642