MUMBAI – India’s May sales, including exports, of passenger cars and utility vehicles, rose 17% to more than 95,000 units, following 32% growth in April. Tata Motors Ltd. led the race with a 36% sales increase. Maruti Udyog Ltd. sold 45,000 vehicles, and SUV maker Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. saw a 12% jump in sales. Export sales of Hyundai Santro to Europe helped boost May sales. Although domestic sales of Hyundai Motor India Ltd. declined substantially, surging export sales of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian May Sales Rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642