NEW DELHI – India's domestic passenger-car sales declined fractionally in June to 64,464 units. But a 21% jump in car exports and domestic utility vehicle sales helped overall deliveries grow 5% to 99,582 units. Yet, the auto industry is concerned with the slowing tempo. Increasing inventories at Maruti Udyog Ltd. and Hyundai Motor India Ltd. have led to some production slowdowns in the year. And other problems loom for auto makers here. The fiscal year's first-quarter (April-June) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India's June Car Sales Weak, Despite Healthy Exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642