Maybe dumbing down design isn't necessary. Ford Motor Co. is taking Taurus conservative for the '00 model year to appeal to buyers snapping up Honda Accords and Civics and Toyota Camrys because Taurus sales have slumped with its current fishbowl design. It was thought DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s Intrepid over shot its target audience, too, when sales dipped 6.8% (110,449 vs. 118,537) in 1998 — the first year of a major redesign that altered Intrepid's appearance from modern to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Intrepid Rebound Defied Design Trend" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642