VIENNA – Iran Khodro Diesel, the commercial-vehicle arm of Iran’s largest vehicle maker Iran Khodro, will start assembly of Mercedes E-Class cars in late September, company sources confirm. The first version to be assembled likely will be the Mercedes E320. Iranian police will get first batch of locally built E-Class cars. “In the first (Iranian) year (beginning and ending in March), we will make 2,000 cars, and from the next year the number will increase to 5,000 per annum,” Iran ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Iran to Begin Mercedes E-Class Assembly in September" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642