IRVINE, CA – When Ford Motor Co. moved its North American Premier Automotive Group to California’s up-and-coming city of Irvine in 2000, people took to calling the community “Motor City West” and began forecasting the day Detroit would be dubbed “Irvine East.” While eight auto makers and a handful of firms that service the industry, such as Kelly Blue Book, have located here in some capacity, the Orange County community has a ways to go before anyone confuses it with Detroit. Irvine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Irvine Aspires to Become Motor City West" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642