Isuzu Motors Ltd. and Westport Innovations Inc. agree to develop a prototype Isuzu Elf truck powered by a Westport Cycle natural gas engine. Isuzu initiated the project and will fully fund it. The prototype Elf will use a diesel engine of about 4L in displacement that will run solely on natural gas using Westport’s hot surface ignition technology. Isuzu says the natural gas engine should have the same performance and fuel efficiency as the diesel-fueled engine but with lower emissions and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Isuzu and Westport Team Up for Natural Gas Prototype" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642