DETROIT – Jaguar is adding some power to its S-Type sedan lineup in 2002 with the introduction of the new S-Type R. Powered by a 4.2L supercharged V-8 delivering 400 hp at 6,100 rpm, the S-Type R propels from 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) in just 5.3 seconds or more than one second faster than the current generation 4.0L. The S-Type R’s power is mated to the all-new ZF Friedrichschafen AG 6HP26 6-speed automatic transmission, which makes its debut in the S-Type R. The new 6-speed automatic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Jaguar S-Type Gets Some Muscle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642