North American production for January is on track for an estimated 32,000-unit shortfall from schedule with the biggest loss in trucks (see complete data p.7). Ward's estimates that North American production will finish January at 1.469 million units, or 97.9% of the 1.5 million cars and trucks scheduled for the period at the beginning of the month (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Jan. 10, '00, p.1). Cars are set for a shortfall of 7,200 units and trucks will come up shy by 25,000 units. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"January N.A. Production Headed for Shortfall; Inventory Bulge to Ease" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642