TOKYO – One year after taking office as a political maverick with charm and charisma enough to produce the economic reforms Japan so badly needs, Junichiro Koizumi is viewed here as a disappointment for doing too little too slowly. Japanese Yen "The economy is bottoming out, but the Japanese people realize Koizumi has done almost nothing to correct the serious problems in our economic and political system," says Mamoru Yamazaki, chief economist of Barclays Capital Japan Ltd. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japanese Auto Makers Steer Through Dark Days" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642