The Japan Automobile Manufacturers’ Assn. says production in Japan of cars, trucks and buses fell last December to 730,099 vehicles, a 9.5% drop from like-2000. In the last four months of 2001, production, sales and exports were below year-earlier levels. Total Japanese production was 9.77 million units in 2001, down 3.6% from 2000 and marking the first drop since 1999. December vehicle sales in Japan were 441,851, a decrease of 4.6% from the same month a year ago.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japanese Auto Production Down in December" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642