Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi's recent decision to call a snap election throws up questions about the schedule for a free-trade agreement with Thailand. Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra says he is not sure if he will go to Japan later this month to toast the trade deal with Koizumi. The two countries reached an agreement late last month after negotiations went into overtime on vehicle tariffs. (See related story: Thailand FTA Agreement With Japan Alarms Western Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japanese Election Could Delay Thai FTA Signing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642