Cumulative sales of Japanese hybrid-electric vehicles in the U.S. topped the 500,000-unit mark in July, Ward’s data shows. With Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s July’s tally of 23,566 units, U.S. sales of Japanese HEVs stands at 512,896. U.S. volumes were modest prior to last year, when Toyota decided to double output of its Prius and add two hybrid cross/utility vehicles, the Lexus RX 400h and Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Between the time the ’00 Honda Insight went on sale ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japanese Hybrids Surpass Half-Million Mark in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642