Johnson Controls Inc. has signed a tentative deal to acquire sole ownership of TechnoTrim's Glasgow, KY, automotive seat trim cover plant. TechnoTrim is a Livonia, MI-based joint venture between JCI and Tachi-S of Japan. TechnoTrim had scheduled an Oct. 1 shutdown for the 116,000-sq.-ft. facility, which now manufactures seat trim covers for Mitsubishi Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. JCI says it “jumped at the opportunity” to keep the plant, ending a two-year search ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"JCI to Buy TechnoTrim Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642