Airbag demand should nearly double in North America by 2011, concludes a new study by J.D. Power and Associates. The 2004 Global Automotive Airbag Market Study predicts growth will come from the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.’s move to require all vehicles sold in the U.S. to pass stricter side-impact standards as early as 2009. The growth will translate to an additional 33 million airbags in North America by 2011, says J.D. Power, resulting in an additional $1.17 billion in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"J.D. Power: Airbag Demand to Double by 2011" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642