U.S. sales remained strong in July, although volume was fairly flat with year-ago and sport/utility vehicles (SUVs) nearly suffered their first decline in years. Light vehicle sales totaled 1.432 million units for a daily selling rate (DSR) of 57,282 (see insert for complete data), slightly above the previous high for the month of 57,174 set in July 1999. Individually, the DSR for cars was up a tad from year-ago — (0.4% to 29,770 — while trucks virtually were even with like-1999 (27,512 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"July U.S. Sales Flat with Year-Ago; Near Decline for SUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642