Peter Butterfield, Kia Motors America Inc.’s chief operating officer, is taking a page out of the old Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. playbooks. But is the playing field the same? In 1975, Butterfield, a 22-year-old dealership field representative on his rounds for Ford Motor Co., spotted a small, boxy, blue car in a service stall at a rural Indiana Ford store. Peter Butterfield "What’s that?" he asked a service technician. "That’s a Honda," said the technician. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia America Takes Page from Japanese Playbook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642