Kia Motors America Inc. breaks ground today on a new $70 million U.S. corporate campus in Irvine, CA. Construction is set for a December 2006 completion. Kia announced at the groundbreaking it will build a $17 million, 2-story design center, which will house just Kia employees on the property. The existing Hyundai-Kia Motors Design and Technical Center in Irvine houses 100 employees of both auto makers. Some 400 employees from various Kia business units will be housed at the new campus.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Breaks Ground on New California Campus" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642