MIAMI – Kia Motors America officials confirm speculation the next-generation Sorento SUV will move from a rugged body-on-frame platform to unibody. Due to its migration to a car-based architecture, the new cross/utility vehicle may see a name change as well. “Sorento’s an SUV, (the new vehicle) is a CUV,” Tom Loveless, KMA vice president-sales, tells Ward’s during a recent Soul media event here. The CUV will be the first vehicle to be built at the Korean auto maker’s new greenfield ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Confirms Next Sorento Unibody; May Get Name Change" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642