Kia Motors Corp. reportedly is looking to build a manufacturing plant in the Association of South East Asian Nations region and will announce a decision on its location sometime next year. Yontrakit Kia Motors Co. Ltd. Executive Director Boonyarit Phongmekhin tells The Nation newspaper a manufacturing base in an ASEAN country will give the South Korean auto maker low import tariffs under the ASEAN Free Trade Area agreement. Yontrakit Kia Motors is the sole distributor of the Kia brand in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Considers Plant in ASEAN Region" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642