SAN FRANCISCO – Kia Motors America is considering additional alternative-powertrain vehicles for its lineup as it approaches the launch of its first U.S.-market hybrid-electric vehicle. “Beyond our hybrid version of the Optima, there’s other stuff coming down the road,” Orth Hedrick, director-product planning, says of the HEV version of Kia’s new midsize sedan, on sale in 2011. Hedrick adds Kia is warily contemplating the addition of a dedicated HEV to its U.S. lineup. Kia’s sister ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Moves Carefully Toward Alternative Powertrains" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642