An activist group of Kia Motor Corp. customers in South Korea is demanding the recall of the ’04 Sorento SUV to repair an alleged problem with 5-speed automatic transmissions. The group says the automatics engage too slowly when put into reverse gear and could cause accidents. Unsatisfied with Kia’s response to its complaints, the Kia Sorento Owners Group says it will file for an injunction to prevent the auto maker from selling any more Sorentos in Korea until the transmissions are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Owners Group Looks to Halt Sale of Sorento in Korea" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642