WEST POINT, GA – Kia Motor Mfg. Georgia Inc. offers a glimpse of its new assembly plant located here to select members of the media about a month prior to the start of serial production for the new ’11 Sorento cross/utility vehicle. The manufacturing facility, including four onsite suppliers, is located on a 650-acre (263-ha) building pad. The overall campus sits on 2,200 acres (890 ha) in rural West Point, once a major textile-production town. Operations include separate stamping, welding ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Provides Peek Inside West Point Plant Ahead of Job One" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642