SEATTLE – Kia Motors America says it will have a hybrid offering in the U.S. before decade's end, but isn't certain when a U.S. manufacturing plant will be up and running. Regarding Kia's first hybrid for the market, “There is one in development,” Randy Maurstad, Kia product planning director for the U.S., tells Ward's. “It's in the testing (phase) right now.” Maurstad says he has few details, such as whether the future hybrid will favor fuel economy or performance, because its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia U.S. Plans Include Hybrid, Maybe Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642