BEIJING – Representatives from the big global car companies were delighted when tens of thousands of visitors crushed into their display areas to ooh and ah over their vehicles on opening day Saturday at the auto show here. But some of the Western officials were taken aback when they visited the exhibits of the smaller Chinese auto makers and found vehicles that were the spitting image of their own hard-developed, proprietary models. For instance, one General Motors Corp. executive from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Knockoffs Spoil Some of Beijing Show Fun for Westerners" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642