PARIS – Cameras snapped every detail of the interior; tape measures gauged the minuscule gaps between console and dashboard; boxes on check sheets were ticked; every surface was touched, rubbed and all minutiae noted. The trio of designers thoroughly scrutinized the cockpit of the tiny Kia Cee’d concept hatchback, unveiled to the world only hours earlier at last fall’s Paris show. Fifteen years ago, even a decade back, these designers would have been Koreans intent on learning as much as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Korean Auto Makers Turn the Table on European Quality" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642