Piston supplier Kolbenschmidt Pierburg AG of Germany has five new contracts for its so-called “power cylinder,” a piston module that comes fully assembled with connecting rod, pin and rings. Detail are sketchy for now, but KP has a major contract to supply more than 1 million power cylinders to General Motors Corp. for a large-displacement gasoline truck engine. The engine is expected to power pickups, cargo vans and other trucks beginning in the 2001 model year. Since December, KP also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"KP lands more power cylinder work, shows new oil pump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642