General Motors Corp. officials say the Chevrolet SSR concept vehicle, a rear-drive roadster with a pickup bed, is headed for production. The concept, an El Camino for the new millenium, wasn't shown here but will be unveiled in Detroit this week (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Oct. 18, '99, p.1). The SSR is powered by a 6L V-8 engine and features a retractable roof. It is one of five concepts GM will roll out this year that the company says are under serious consideration for production. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"L. A. AUTO SHOW NOTES" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642