Land Rover’s flagship Range Rover is in line for a healthy performance boost in the next model year thanks to a pair of powertrain upgrades. A supercharged 4.2L V-8, currently employed by Jaguar Cars in the XJ sedan, headlines Range Rover’s engine options in ’06. The mill is capable of 400 hp, making it the strongest engine ever fitted in a product made by Land Rover, the British auto maker says. The $74,000 SUV’s base 4.4L engine gets an 8% horsepower bump, jumping from 282 hp to 305 hp ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Land Rover Supercharges Flagship" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642