MEMPHIS, TN â€“ Bob Lutz, General Motors Corp. vice chairman-global product development, blanches at the suggestion the late arrival of a 6-speed automatic transmission for the 4-cyl. â€™08 Chevrolet Malibu will put the midsize sedan at a disadvantage against its Japanese rivals. â€śItâ€™s not going to hurt,â€ť Lutz tells Wardâ€™s during a preview here of the extensively redesigned Malibu, which began arriving at dealers this week. â€śWeâ€™re competitive on fuel economy, and the 4-cyl. (engine) doesnâ€™t ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Late 6-Speed No Problem for â€™08 Chevrolet Malibu Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642