TOKYO – An unofficial Toyota Motor Corp. motto, at least in China, might well read, “It's never too late to succeed.” Although the auto maker was a late arrival in the Chinese market, Executive Vice President Yoshimi Inaba is unfazed about the future. Comparing the competition there to a long horserace, he says, "We are not even into the first turn yet." China first market outside Japan slated to build Prius. China's population of 1.3 billion people and impressive economic growth ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"A Late Comer to China, Toyota Still Has Big Volume Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642