GENNEVILLIERS, France – With stop/start systems already booming in Europe, lead-acid technology holds the unexpected title of market-share leader for batteries in hybrid vehicles. Although mild, full and plug-in hybrids with their more expensive nickel-metal-hydride or lithium-ion batteries get the lion’s share of attention, micro-hybrids deliver 5%-8% fuel savings in Europe, enough for Daimler AG’s Smart GmbH to make the system standard on its gasoline engines. Advanced 14-volt ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lead Acid Battery Technology of Choice in Hybrids as Stop/Start Systems Proliferate" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642