Nissan sold 1,362 Leaf electric vehicles in the U.S. in August, compared with General Motors’ 302 deliveries of the Chevrolet Volt extended-range EV, WardsAuto data shows. While Nissan can claim victory, both Leaf and Volt sales so far this year are well-below the pace expected when the EVs first went on sale late last year. Nissan also saw good results from its Altima midsize car, up 19.7% and accounting for 23,016 of the auto maker’s 91,541 deliveries last month. The new Versa sedan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Leaf Zaps Volt; Asian Competitors Outsell Honda in U.S. August Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642