Investing in flexible manufacturing will save DaimlerChrysler Corp. more than $3 billion in product launches over the next four years and give DC “a competitive advantage,” says Gary Henson, DCC executive vice president-manufacturing. The savings start with rolling product launches where pre-production vehicles are built, tested and launched on the same assembly line as the current vehicle to avoid downtime and product loss. The rolling launch of the '01 Chrysler/Dodge minivan in July at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lean Launches Give DCC Competitive Edge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642